If you got (or get) a call from the Department of Homeland Security, and they want to identify if you are using a certain bank (that can include reading a list of the most common banks) HANG UP!
You can report it to Homeland Security’s inspector general at oig.dhs.gov/hotline or by calling 1-800-323-8603
The following are red flags, according to the FTC:
• You’re told not to contact the credit bureaus directly.
• The representative does not explain your legal rights when telling you what they can do for you.
• You’re told to lie on applications for credit or a loan.
• You’re instructed to pay upfront.
• You’re told to dispute information in a credit report that you know is accurate.
Read the details about the scam in the Albuquerque Journal - Watch for money-laundering scares, credit report ‘fixes’
Link to the article: https://www.abqjournal.com/2484820/watch-for-moneylaundering-scares-credit-report-fixes.html